Sr. Software Engineer
Location: MO - Springfield
Position ID: P0002680
HealthTronics has been a leading provider of comprehensive, integrated urological products, services and solutions for
urologists, hospitals, surgery centers and clinics across the U.S. for over 20 years. Our solutions include lithotripsy,
laser therapy, cryotherapy, percutaneous image guided cryoablation, uropathology and electronic medical records.
For more information, please visitwww.healthtronics.com.
The Software Engineer will be involved in various aspects of the development cycle of our software products. This includes
the designing, coding and debugging of the software. The engineer will utilize design documents to create the appropriate
functional and user interface elements, applying Object Oriented Analysis and Design techniques to improve and enhance the
product offerings. The successful Software Engineer will contribute to the software development process by adhering to high
quality standards. Attention will be paid to performance tuning of both code and database interactions. Technical documentation
will be developed by the engineer that adequately describes the design approach used in the software.
The Software Engineer will be required to both maintain existing software and develop new applications or modules. The code
written must follow internal design standards. Continued efforts must be made to learn new technologies and identify areas
with the product line where these new technologies can effectively be applied.
* Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
* Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
* Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
* Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
* Prepare and produce releases of software components.
* Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
* 10% travel if needed
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in computer science-related field or 5-7 years of experience in healthcare software development
* Working knowledge of Agile / SCRUM / XP methodologies considered a plus
* Experience in enterprise .NET development
* Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
* Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases (Microsoft SQL Server)
* Exposure to ORM technologies is a plus (NHibernate, Entity Framework, etc.)
* Experience with test-driven development
HealthTronics Inc. recognizes the advantages of a diverse workforce achieved through a commitment to equal employment opportunities.